:::: Naval Vessels - AUSTRIA- HUNGARY - DEPOT SHIP & REPAIR SHIPS
Code - N8171
Class - 1
Date - 1909
Description - GÄA N8171
Built in 1891 as the German HAPAG liner Furst Bismarck,
she was purchased by the Russian Navy in 1904 and
converted into the Auxiliary Cruiser Don. In 1906 she was
renamed Moskva and transferred to the Russian Volunteer fleet.
Sold in 1909 to the Austrian Navy and converted into a
Depot ship. She could hold 81 torpedoes and 100 mines,
and during WW1 serviced both Austrian and German U-Boats.
Displacement 12,130 tons
Dimensions 503’ x 57¾’ x 25’
Armament 4 x 120mm,
4 x 66mm
Speed 18¾ knots
In 1919 she became Italian San Giusto - scrapped 1924.